
Education Minister Peter Weir has welcomed the Executive’s decision to extend Free School Meal payments to cover the Halloween break. The Executive decided that support was vital for families struggling financially due to Covid19. Welcoming the Executive’s decision the Minister said, “I welcome the decision taken by the Executive to extend […]

Latest figures published today by NISRA show that twenty-seven deaths involving Covid-19 occurred in the last week, from 10 to 16 October. The total Covid-19 related deaths figure stands at 942. Of this total, 519 (55.1%) took place in a hospital, 357 (37.9%) in care homes, eight (0.8%) in hospices and 58 (6.2%) […]

Health Minister Robin Swann says he is deeply disturbed that cancer procedures are being postponed and is seeking assurances they will be rescheduled urgently. The Minister says he will be looking to the Trusts to reschedule cancelled appointments “as soon as they feasibly can” and to ensure that patients are kept fully informed. […]

Health Minister Robin Swann has urged people across Northern Ireland to “dig in and get through winter together”. Today’s Covid-19 dashboard figures show 820 individuals have tested positive. The Minister said, “I know the people of Northern Ireland will join with me in expressing my deepest condolences to the families and friends of […]

Latest figures published today by NISRA show that seven deaths involving Covid-19 occurred in the last week, from 3 to 9 October. The total Covid-19 related deaths figure stands at 915. Of this total, 495 (54.1%) took place in a hospital, 356 (38.9%) in care homes, eight (0.9%) in hospices and 56 (6.1%) […]

The Executive has today agreed on a range of significant time-bound interventions to curb the spread of Covid-19 in Northern Ireland. In addition to current household restrictions, the following measures will come into regulatory effect on Friday 16 October and will be in place for a period of four weeks. Bubbling is to […]

Health Minister Robin Swann has welcomed the relaunch of the Department’s Workforce Appeal to boost staff numbers to assist in the battle against Covid-19. The initial appeal in March saw 1,702 doctors, nurses and other ancillary staff successful in their application to work for the health service. Speaking to Newry Times, […]

The total number of patients connected to the Male Medical Ward at Daisy Hill Hospital in Newry who have tested positive remains at thirteen. According to the Southern Trust, a further patient trendat.net connected to the ward, and who had a positive test for COVID-19, has passed away. This brings the total of […]

The Southern Health and Social Care Trust is reminding the public how to use the COVID-19 Primary Care Centres in Dungannon and Banbridge. The centres are for clinical assessment following a referral from your own GP. They operate on an appointment-only system and do not offer testing for COVID-19. The Centres, […]

Health Minister Robin Swann has announced that Northern Ireland has been chosen as one of the regions to take part in a major UK trial of a potential vaccine to help in the fight against COVID-19. It is hoped that up to 350 volunteers from Northern Ireland will participate in the trial, which […]
Sep 28 2020 | Posted in
Coronavirus |
Read More »