Dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning highlighted after Newry incident

Posted by
Friday, December 16th, 2016
carbon-monoxide-1Members of the public have been warned of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning by Newry, Mourne & Down Councillor Liz Kimmins. The Sinn Féin elected representative highlighted her concerns after an incident occurred in the local area. Speaking to Newry Times, she explained, “Fortunately there were no serious consequences as a result of this incident, but it serves as a crucial reminder to us all of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Article continues below:
30th-nov-2016-small-box“Carbon monoxide is an odourless gas that kills and unfortunately over the past few years we have seen an increase in tragic deaths of several people due to carbon monoxide poisoning.” Cllr Kimmins said that it was important that house owners, landlords and tenants are alert to the dangers involved. “Awareness is key to the issue of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning. Knowing the situations that cause such incidents and how to protect oneself from carbon monoxide are essential.” Article continues below: 2nd-dec-2016-big-boxThe Councillor added, “Detectors can prevent these tragedies. I would urge people especially those who live in buildings deemed at high risk to purchase a detector immediately as this small investment could save you and your family’s lives.”
Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed


This website does not share personal information with third parties nor do we store any information about your visit other than to analyze and optimize your content and reading experience through the use of cookies. You can turn off the use of cookies at anytime by changing your specific browser settings.

We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice and was last updated on 16/01/2017. If you have any questions feel free to contact Newry Times by emailing editor@newrytimes.com

Log in