Traffic and parking arrangements for St Patrick’s Day in Newry
Road Closure and Re-opening times – Friday 17 March
• Fathom Line to Dublin Bridge Junction will be closed from 7am to 1pm approximately (Entrance to The Quays Shopping & Leisure Complex at Fathom Line will still be accessible)
• Albert Basin, William Street and Dublin Road Junction will be closed from 11am and will reopen at 1pm approximately
• The parade route from assembly point at Fathom Line, Merchants Quay, Sugar Island, Kildare Street, The Mall and all road junctions and exits/entrances along the route will be closed to all but emergency traffic from approximately 11am to 1pm to facilitate the passage of the parade. No traffic (except emergency traffic) will be allowed to enter, move along, or exit via the parade route between approximately 11am to 1pm. The parade will depart from The Quays Shopping and Leisure Complex/Fathom Line at 12noon.
Article continues below:
Parking Areas (Including Disabled Parking) and No Parking Areas
Article continues below:
• No parking will be permitted in Hill Street
• No waiting cones will be placed along Drumalane Road from 7am to 12noon approximately
• No parking at the Quays Shopping Centre (waterside) from 7am to 1pm approximately
• No parking along the parade route from approximately 11am to 1.30pm.
• No waiting cones will be placed along Sugar Island/Kildare Street from 11am to 1.30pm approximately
Possible Disruption to Local Bus Services
Between the hours of 11am to 2pm there will be possible disruption to local bus services. The Express Services will run from the depot at Edward Street between 11.30am to 1.30pm approximately. Please contact Newry Bus Station to confirm any travel arrangements prior to your journey.
Newry, Mourne and Down District Council are aware that the assembly and procession of the parade and arrangements for some other events in Newry on Friday 17 March may inconvenience some individuals and organisations.
However, the Council hopes to keep any inconvenience to a minimum and would take this opportunity to thank individuals and organisations experiencing any inconvenience for their understanding and cooperation.
Further information about our Programme of events for St Patrick’s Festival may be obtained from the website: saintpatrickscountry.com/HomeofSaintPatrick
Would you like to advertise your business on Newry Times and reach thousands of people every day? Contact the Newry Times office on 028 4062 6520 or email Paul: email@example.com