Call for Carbon Monoxide detectors to be installed

Newry Times News Posted by
info@newrytimes.com
Wednesday, February 19th, 2014
Community

Following an incident in Bridge Street in Rostrevor on Sunday, in which a family were overcome by fumes, Mark Gibbons, Sinn Féin spokesperson for the Crotlieve electoral area, has urged local residents to fit carbon monoxide detectors in their homes.

Sinn Fein’s Mark Gibbons

Gibbons told Newry Times, “As well as extending my sympathy to the family I would recommend that home owners and landlords install carbon monoxide detectors in their homes to avoid this kind of incident happening and to make sure they regularly check boilers.

He added, “I would also like to commend the Fire Service and Ambulance Service for their excellent response.”


Would you like to advertise your business on Newry Times and reach thousands of people every day? Contact the Newry Times office on 028 4062 6520 or email Paul: editor@newrytimes.com

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed









Find us on Facebook

-->

This website does not share personal information with third parties nor do we store any information about your visit other than to analyze and optimize your content and reading experience through the use of cookies. You can turn off the use of cookies at anytime by changing your specific browser settings.

We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice and was last updated on 16/01/2017. If you have any questions feel free to contact Newry Times by emailing editor@newrytimes.com

Log in