Call for Carbon Monoxide detectors to be installed
Following an incident in Bridge Street in Rostrevor on Sunday, in which a family were overcome by fumes, Mark Gibbons, Sinn Féin spokesperson for the Crotlieve electoral area, has urged local residents to fit carbon monoxide detectors in their homes.
Gibbons told Newry Times, “As well as extending my sympathy to the family I would recommend that home owners and landlords install carbon monoxide detectors in their homes to avoid this kind of incident happening and to make sure they regularly check boilers.
He added, “I would also like to commend the Fire Service and Ambulance Service for their excellent response.”
Would you like to advertise your business on Newry Times and reach thousands of people every day? Contact the Newry Times office on 028 4062 6520 or email Paul: firstname.lastname@example.org