Translink cutting costs for Newry & Mourne Christmas shoppers
With the season of goodwill almost upon us, Translink is spreading festive tidings to passengers in Newry & Mourne with a range of great value travel deals and savings for cash strapped customers this Christmas.
Ciaran Rogan, Translink Marketing Executive, outlined the packages across bus, coach, rail and retail partners which have been designed to encourage as many people as possible to use the services during the festive period.
“We have loads of travel deals and great savings available; this Christmas there will even be some free services from some of our P&R sites and with extended opening hours – access to city centres has never been easier.
“Many of our passengers already benefit from a lower cost per mile as compared with the car – and with no parking charges – they can make the biggest savings by purchasing multi-journey bus and rail tickets, availing of promotional offers, as well as youth discount cards and Senior and 60+ free travel with a Smartpass.
He added, “So whether you’re Christmas shopping, socializing with friends, attending Christmas parties or looking for a family day out we are confident there is something for everyone.”
Details of Translink’s Christmas 2012 offers include:
· NI Railways 1/3 off – 1/3 off day return tickets after 9.30am, with free Wifi on board
· Enhanced Rail Capacity – From 19th November the majority of train services operating between Belfast and Coleraine will be increased from three-carriage to six-carriage services.
· Additional late night Christmas shopping train – From Saturday 3rd December an additional late night Christmas shopping train will be introduced from Great Victoria Street Station to Coleraine, departing Belfast at 22:08 (Monday to Saturday). This service will operate until Saturday 22nd December.
· Expanded Park and Ride Services for Belfast, Lisburn, Newry and Londonderry. Park and Ride services will operate on each evening when there is late night shopping and all day on Saturdays with the last service leaving the city centre 30 minutes after the shops close. These services will operate between Monday 19th November and Saturday 22nd December.
· Free Park and Ride Services after 4.30pm on weekdays and all day each Saturday. During the five weeks, all the Park and Ride services listed above will provide free parking and bus travel for people travelling into the city after 4.30 pm on the weekdays when late night shopping is in place and all day each Saturday.
· Family and Friends Ticket – Unlimited bus and rail travel available every Saturday and Sunday and available every day from Saturday 22nd December 2012 to Sunday 6th January 2013 inclusive.
· Bus Rambler Ticket – Available every Sunday and also available every day from Saturday 22nd December 2012 to Sunday 6th January 2013 inclusive. This ticket offers passengers one day of unlimited travel on all Ulsterbus, Goldline and Metro services after 9.15am.
· Metro Family Day Ticket – Available every day from Saturday 22nd December to Sunday 6th January inclusive. A Family Day Ticket allows unlimited travel for up to 2 adults and 4 children (minimum 1 adult + 1 child) anywhere, any time on all Metro services for one day.
· Love Metro Saturdays – The special £2 Metro Day Ticket, which provides unlimited travel on Metro services each Saturday after 9.30am, has been extended to run until Saturday 5 January 2013 inclusive.
Would you like to advertise your business on Newry Times and reach thousands of people every day? Contact the Newry Times office on 028 4062 6520 or email Paul: email@example.com