Electrical Safety of second hand goods top of the agenda at key event
The safety of second hand electrical goods will be under the spotlight at an informative event in Lough Neagh Discovery Centre, Craigavon this April.
Southern Group Environmental Health Committee in conjunction with the Environmental Health Department of Newry and Mourne District District Council have organised the event, which will take place on Thursday 10th April from 10.30am to 12pm.
The event will be very beneficial to those with an interest in rented properties, whether its landlords and letting agents who rent out accommodation and supply second hand electrical goods, or tenants and students living in rented accommodation who have been supplied with second hand electrical goods, also organisations who work with Ethnic Minority Groups.
Key speakers at the event will outline the responsibilities of landlords and letting agents when supplying second hand electrical goods and outline key areas to look out for if you are a tenant and have been supplied with these goods – this includes; looking out for frayed or cut wires on goods, that appliances are fitted with a three pin plug, marked with the BSI (British Standards Institution) Kite mark.
Being aware of safety in the home, unplugging appliances when not in use and ensuring that sockets are not overloaded, to avoid potential fire hazard will also be covered.
Attendees will be updated on the background, findings and recommendations from a Second Hands Goods Survey carried out in 2011 across the Southern Group of Councils.
If you are interested in finding out more about this event or registering your name to attend please contact Heather Spratt on 028 37 515800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to advertise your business on Newry Times and reach thousands of people every day? Contact the Newry Times office on 028 4062 6520 or email Paul: email@example.com