Forget chocolates, what mums really want for Mother’s Day is a holiday!
Mother’s day is on the horizon and we all love to spoil our mums with the perfect gift.
Knowing just how busy Mothers are these days, it came no surprise that a break away topped this year’s Mother’s Day wish list, pulling in over a quarter of votes.
Top Ten Mother’s Day Wish List
1. A holiday – 26% Votes: For all the hard worked mums out there who need a relaxing break, whether it’s a weekend getaway or an exotic retreat! Mums need to put their feet up sometimes too!
2. Dinner – 20% Votes: Taking a fifth of votes in the poll, wine and dine your mum this mothering Sunday with a dinner at her favourite restaurant. Not only will she get a lovely meal out of it, but she’ll also get to spend some time with you!
3. Spa Treatment Day – 12% Votes: Give your mum a pamper session to remember and book her a spa day filled with relaxing treatments. The perfect way to spend Mothering Sunday.
4. A bouquet of flowers – 9% Votes: Just because you can never go wrong with a bouquet of her favourite flowers.
5. A designer handbag – 9% Votes: One for the fashionista mums out there. Whether it’s a something she’s been dropping hints about for the last month or just a surprise to say thanks for the bag she bought you for Christmas, a little designer number will go down a treat!
6. Beauty Gift Set – 9% Votes: What better way to show your mum just how well you know her than to buy a personalized beauty gift set. Pick out her favourite shade of lipstick, colours to compliment her tone and the brands she loves.
7. Jewellery – 7% Votes: After all, diamonds are a girl’s best friend. Alternatively, you can brighten up her day with a colourful charm bracelet – a perfect sentimental gift you can add to each year.
8. Perfume – 4% Votes: All females love to be treated to a nice beauty product – especially an expensive perfume. A big bottle of her favourite scent will have her smiling with delight.
9. A family photo shoot – 3% Votes: Great for creating memories. Not only do you get a fun day out with mum, but you also get a selection of lovely photographs to take away with you.
10. Other – 1% Votes: A few fun things mums voted for were salsa classes, cream tea and wine tasting to name a few.
Natalie Van Kleef, Director Zao Makeup UK & Ireland said, “It is fascinating to see expectations some mums have for Mother’s Day gifts this year, but I can completely understand a Mother’s desire for a break these days.
Natalie added, “As a mum myself, I am constantly juggling family life with work and always pushed for time. So I can see why a well-deserved break away for some quality family time would be the ideal Mother’s Day gift. Also lovely to hear; most mums said gift or no gift, a card and ‘I love you’ would still make their day.”
Would you like to advertise your business on Newry Times and reach thousands of people every day? Contact the Newry Times office on 028 4062 6520 or email Paul: firstname.lastname@example.org