Hazzard warns of carbon monoxide poisoning dangers

Posted by
info@newrytimes.com
Tuesday, November 5th, 2013
Community
Sinn Féin MLA Chris Hazzard has asked people to be aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning. Speaking to Newry Times, Hazzard said, “As we approach Carbon Monoxide Awareness Month I am calling on people to be aware of the dangers. “Carbon monoxide is an odorless gas that kills and unfortunately over the past few years we have seen an increase in tragic deaths of several people due to carbon monoxide poisoning. It is important that people are aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning, the situations that cause poisoning and how we can protect ourselves from carbon monoxide. “I am calling on house providers both public and private to install carbon monoxide detectors in all new builds and for a subsidy to be provided for people to purchase detectors for current homes. Hazzard added, “I would call on people especially those who live in buildings deemed at high risk to purchase a detector immediately as this small investment could save you and your family’s lives.”

Would you like to advertise your business on Newry Times and reach thousands of people every day? Contact the Newry Times office on 028 4062 6520 or email Paul: editor@newrytimes.com

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed

-->

This website does not share personal information with third parties nor do we store any information about your visit other than to analyze and optimize your content and reading experience through the use of cookies. You can turn off the use of cookies at anytime by changing your specific browser settings.

We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice and was last updated on 16/01/2017. If you have any questions feel free to contact Newry Times by emailing editor@newrytimes.com

Log in