Letters to the Editor, ‘My story of the dangers of Carbon Monoxide’

Newry Times News Posted by
info@newrytimes.com
Tuesday, October 9th, 2012
Letters to the Editor

Dear Editor,

My name is Kevin Gallagher from Warrenpoint.

Last night at around 9pm our Carbon monoxide detector went off. I got all the family out of the house to my mums across the road before ringing the Fire service who came with two crews from Warrenpoint and a crew from Newry, who came with special testers.

I would like to thank both Warrenpoint and Newry fire crews for everything they did. They would not let us back in until they were really sure to do so after checking the whole house and making our coal fire safe.

This is a reminder to us all to have Carbon monoxide detectors fitted as if we did not have one fitted when we did I do not not what could have happened to my family.

As the cold months come in I hope people learn from this and get a Carbon monoxide detector fitted as it helped my family last night.

Kevin Gallagher


Would you like to advertise your business on Newry Times and reach thousands of people every day? Contact the Newry Times office on 028 4062 6520 or email Paul: editor@newrytimes.com

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed









Find us on Facebook

-->

This website does not share personal information with third parties nor do we store any information about your visit other than to analyze and optimize your content and reading experience through the use of cookies. You can turn off the use of cookies at anytime by changing your specific browser settings.

We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice and was last updated on 16/01/2017. If you have any questions feel free to contact Newry Times by emailing editor@newrytimes.com

Log in