Man charged in connection with Simon Community fire
Newry Times reported on Saturday that a fire had broken out at the building in the early hours of Saturday morning. Two men were rescued from the fire, which broke out on the third floor of the building, and were treated for the effects of smoke inhalation.
Speaking to Newry Times about the fire, local MLA Dominic Bradley said, “I am thankful that no one was injured during this fire. Prompt action was responsible for ensuring that the fire did not take hold. It is important to establish how the fire began so that lessons can be learned for the future.”
The man is due to appear at Newry Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Heroic woman risks life rescuing two from blaze
Would you like to advertise your business on Newry Times and reach thousands of people every day? Contact the Newry Times office on 028 4062 6520 or email Paul: firstname.lastname@example.org