Free on-street parking for Newry this December
From December 5th, drivers in Newry will be able to enjoy free on-street parking after 4:30pm Monday to Friday and all day Saturday. The move is temporary in the run up to Christmas and also takes place in Lisburn and Belfast. It is the first time the scheme has taken place outside of Belfast City centre.
Transport Minister Danny Kennedy said, “I hope this is a decision that will be welcomed by the three cities where drivers pay for on-street parking all year round. No other towns in Northern Ireland have on-street paid parking and I hope this will provide these city centres with a boost for the Christmas period.”
Kennedy added, “Parking enforcement and charged parking is an effective method of controlling traffic in city centres and parking enforcement staff will closely monitor the scheme to ensure it is not counter-productive to traffic flow.”
So what exactly does this mean for parking in Newry?
- All on-street pay and display booths in Newry are involved in the scheme.
- Parking will be free Monday to Friday from 4:30pm and all day Saturday.
- Machines will still accept payments during these periods and no refund will be given.
- All yellow line restrictions will be enforced as normal.
- Off-street car parks will be enforced as normal.
Would you like to advertise your business on Newry Times and reach thousands of people every day? Contact the Newry Times office on 028 4062 6520 or email Paul: firstname.lastname@example.org